For three decades, RhPAP – Alberta’s Rural Health Professions Action Plan has supported the efforts of rural Albertans to maintain an accessible health workforce close to home. RhPAP is steadfast in its commitment to ensure rural Alberta communities have a health workforce that delivers the services they need to thrive. We recognize our staff, who span the province, are the backbone of this commitment. By harnessing our collective passion, energy, and expertise, we embody a culture code dedicated to fostering collaborative relationships, embracing an inventive mindset, going the extra mile, and loving the work we do.
RhPAP is currently recruiting for a full-time Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the development and execution of RhPAP’s strategic marketing, communications, and branding plans to support RhPAP’s mission by building awareness, marketing programs, and funding opportunities, further engaging stakeholders, and promoting a positive public image of the organization and the work it does.
As a key strategist, advisor and member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications works collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders on all marketing and communications efforts to ensure the integrity of the brand, issues management, and synergistic opportunities to advance health care in rural Alberta.
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications is responsible for the day-to-day brand management, media relations, public relations, communications, and marketing functions including social and digital media, and design and production services. In addition, the Senior Manager supports activities associated with RhPAP’s cause-related activities, including special events and projects.
• University degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in marketing and communications, including a minimum of four years of leadership, supervisory, and management experience.
• Significant experience developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and communications programs is required.
• Well-developed leadership abilities with strong team management and the ability to leverage the organization’s Culture Code.
• Effective leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve common goals. Demonstrated ability with decision making responsibilities, coaching, and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others to manage change and create innovative learning and development solutions.
• Excellent decision-making skills are evidenced by a demonstrated ability to create, organize, and manage short- and long-term plans and projects and deliver results.
• Political astuteness, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and strong relationship building.
• Strong decision-making skills demonstrated by strategies that move the organization forward, effective goal setting, actions plans, and evaluation of successes and failures.
• Superior problem-solving skills, a high level of organizational ability, and the ability to deal with multiple deadlines and demands.
• Have experience living and working in rural Alberta.
• Understand the unique challenges and successes found in rural health care/rural communities.
The successful candidate must have the ability to travel throughout the province, possess a valid driver’s license, and have access to a reliable vehicle. The ability to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work may be required, is a must.
This position is open to candidates in Edmonton or those working from a home-based office in rural Alberta.
To apply in complete confidence, please email a cover letter and resume as one PDF to email@example.com with the subject “Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications” by 4:00 PM MST May 26, 2023:
We will consider applications on a rolling basis and may not wait until the application deadline to interview suitable candidates and extend offers, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. No calls please.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Note: Satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.