The RPAP Community Attraction and Retention Grant program fosters the development of projects at the local community level, facilitating the attraction and recruitment of physicians into rural Alberta communities.
These annual grants are intended to provide one-time funding for a rural physician attraction and retention project, or seed funding for a long-term project, to be carried out by an active community attraction and retention committee.
Examples of programs that are eligible include:
- The development of a formal community physician attraction and retention Plan.
- The development and production of physician attraction and retention marketing materials.
- Administrative supports for an attraction and retention committee.
- Support for an attraction or retention event.
The RPAP Community Attraction and Retention Grant program has helped several rural Alberta communities stand out. Grant funding has supported several physician attraction and retention marketing efforts, including a new physician recruitment website for the South Peace Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee.
The South Peace committee successfully applied for a $3000 contribution from RPAP, which went towards the construction of a website promoting “Health Care in the County of Grande Prairie, Alberta”.
Recent projects that have received RPAP grant funding include:
- The Town of Coronation and County of Paintearth #18 Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee Website
- Social media management for the Big Country Medical Dental Board’s Facebook and Twitter (@PhysicianOyen) accounts.
For further details on the RPAP Community Attraction and Retention Grant program, contact the Community Recruitment Consultant who works in your area.