2022 RESIDE Program Selection Process
By submitting a RESIDE application, applicants indicate interest in vacant positions in the RESIDE list of communities.
Each application will be reviewed by the RESIDE Application Review Committee. This committee is composed of representatives from Alberta Health Services (AHS), the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary, and RhPAP with consultant from representatives from communities in which applicants have indicated a preference to practise.
The review process is as follows:
- Applicants’ submissions will go through the AHS search and selection process, which will include an interview. AHS will confirm the candidates who meet position requirements and where candidates’ qualifications align well with the position(s) available in the communities where the applicant has indicated a preference to practise.
- For those communities where applicants’ qualifications and available positions align well, the applicants’ lifestyle fit with those communities will be evaluated; the committee will determine where interests, preferences, and requirements of the applicant (and, if applicable, their family) as described in the RESIDE Application Form (and, if applicable, the RESIDE Partner Form) best match with these communities.
Applicants will be informed of the results of this process in May, and successful candidates will be offered positions by AHS in the community that the Application Review Committee has determined they match best.
Candidates should keep the following in mind in terms of the outcome of this process:
- If applicants are not successfully matched as part of this process, the decision is final. There will be no appeal or reconsideration of the committee’s decision.
- Successful applicants will have two weeks to decide if they will accept or decline the position in the community with which they have been matched.
- If a successful applicant does not wish to practise in the community in which they have been matched, they may choose to either access one of the opportunities that remain open and for which they are qualified or decline to participate in the program.