Don't delay! Click here to start your online Rhapsody Award nomination form.
Established in 2007, this award recognizes rural Alberta communities that have developed innovative and collaborative approaches to successfully attract and retain health-care providers in their areas. Communities can nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
To be eligible, communities must meet the following criteria:
- have engaged in local health workforce attraction and retention work
- have not received an RhPAP / Rhapsody Community Award within the last six years
- be a community located outside of the Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton (see maps below) with a population of fewer than 15,000 people
Preference will be given to nominations from remote Alberta communities.
Exceptions to the CMA boundary location criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you require further information about whether your community is eligible for an exception, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local RhPAP Rural Community Consultant.
In the event that the nomination is successful, RhPAP will make a special award presentation at the time and place of the recipient and nominator’s choosing, and recipients will have pride of place at the next RhPAP Health-care Provider Attraction & Retention Conference.
Nominate your community
Are you ready to nominate your community for a Rhapsody Award?
- Download the RhPAP Rhapsody Community Award Checklist to see what you will need to complete the nomination.
- Once you have everything, complete the online nomination form.
Online nomination forms can be saved and revised (using the link that you can email to yourself) up until they are submitted or until the nomination deadline on February 28, whichever comes first.