Don't delay! Click here to start your online Rhapsody Award nomination form.
Established in 2007, this award recognizes a rural Alberta community that has developed innovative and collaborative approaches to successfully attract and retain (a) health-care provider(s) in its area. Communities can nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
To be eligible, communities must meet the following criteria:
- have engaged in local health workforce attraction and retention work
- be prepared to participate in a new or existing health professional appreciation event of which the award presentation would be a part
- have not received an RhPAP / Rhapsody Community Award within the last six years
- be a community located outside of the Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton (see maps below) with a population of fewer than 15,000 people
Preference will be given to nominations from remote Alberta communities.
Exceptions to the CMA boundary location criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you require further information about whether your community is eligible for an exception, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local RhPAP Rural Community Consultant.
In the event that the nomination is successful, the community must be prepared to work with RhPAP to plan and host, and the nominee to participate in, an RhPAP-sponsored community celebration event honouring the recipient, of which the award presentation would be a part. Ideally, this presentation can be part of an existing health professional appreciation or health-care fundraising event.
Nominate your community
Are you ready to nominate your community for a Rhapsody Award?
- Download the RhPAP Rhapsody Community Award Checklist to see what you will need to complete the nomination.
- Once you have everything, complete the online nomination form.
Online nomination forms can be saved and revised (using the link that you can email to yourself) up until they are submitted or until the nomination deadline on February 28, whichever comes first.