Don't delay! Click here to start your online Rhapsody Award nomination form.
Established in 2018, this award recognizes rural Alberta health-care providers or teams that demonstrate superior commitment to their patients, health-care team, and community. Up to three Health-care Hero Awards may be presented on an annual basis.
To be eligible, individual award nominees must meet the following criteria:
- be an active member of one of Alberta’s regulated health professions
- live and practise in a rural Alberta community that meets the location criteria listed below, and have done so for at least six consecutive years
- have not received an individual RhPAP/ Rhapsody Award in the last six years
To be eligible, team award nominees must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- consist of a group of people within one line of an organizational chart that directly report to a supervisor as a single unit, with a full set of complementary skills required to complete their task, job, or project (Team members operate with a high degree of interdependence, share authority and responsibility for self management, are accountable for their performance, and work toward a common goal.)
- include active members of at least one Alberta regulated health profession
- all members practise, and the majority live, within a rural Alberta community that meets the location criteria listed below
- have not received a Rhapsody Health-care Heroes Team Award within the last six years
Preference will be given to nominations from communities where Rhapsody Health-care Heroes Awards have not previously been awarded.
Rhapsody Health-care Heroes Awards are open to nominees from all rural Alberta communities that meet the following criteria:
- The rural Alberta community in which the nominee (team or individual) works is located outside the Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton (see maps below) with a population of fewer than 15,000 people
Preference will be given to nominations from remote communities.
Exceptions to the CMA boundary location criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you require further information about whether your community is eligible for an exception, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local RhPAP Rural Community Consultant.
In the event that the nomination is successful, the nominator must be prepared to work with RhPAP to plan and host, and the nominee to participate in, an RhPAP-sponsored community celebration event honouring the recipient, of which the award presentation would be a part. Ideally, this presentation can be part of an existing health professional appreciation or health-care fundraising event.
Nominate a health-care hero
Are you ready to nominate a health-care hero in your community for a Rhapsody Award?
- Download the Rhapsody Health-care Heroes Award Nomination Checklist to see what you will need to complete the nomination.
- Once you have everything, complete the online nomination form.
Online nomination forms can be saved and revised (using the link that you can email to yourself) up until they are submitted or until the nomination deadline on February 28, whichever comes first.