Established in 2002, this award recognizes the contributions of rural physicians, especially those unsung heroes, who provide Alberta rural communities with outstanding patient care, and make notable contributions to medical practice and to their communities.
To be eligible, nominees must
- have lived and practised in the same rural Alberta community for at least ten consecutive years;
- not have received an inpidual RhPAP / Rhapsody Award within the last six years; and
- live and practise in a community of fewer than 15,000 people that does not fall within the defined Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton
Preference will be given to nominations from
- remote communities who are actively engaged with an RhPAP rural community consultant, and
- communities where RhPAP /Rhapsody Physician Awards have not previously been awarded.
Exceptions to the CMA boundary location criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you require further information about whether your community is eligible, please contact email@example.com or your local RhPAP Rural Community Consultant.
In the event that the nomination is successful, the nominator must be prepared to work with RhPAP to plan and host, and the nominee to participate in, an RhPAP-sponsored community celebration event honouring the successful recipient, of which the award presentation would be a part. Ideally, this presentation can be part of an existing health professional appreciation or health-care fundraising event.
Nominations can be saved and returned to up until the nomination deadline on February 28.
If you would prefer to submit your nomination in hardcopy form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the award for which you would like to apply for a pdf of the nomination form.