Don't delay! Click here to start your online Rhapsody Award nomination form.
Established in 2002, this award recognizes the contributions of rural physicians, especially those unsung heroes, who provide Alberta rural communities with outstanding patient care, and make notable contributions to medical practice and to their communities.
To be eligible, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- be a physician who presently lives and practises in a rural Alberta community that is located outside the defined Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton(see below)
- and has a population of fewer than 15,000 people.
Links to Statistics Canada CMA Maps:
- have lived and practised in that community for at least ten (10) consecutive years
- have not received an individual RhPAP / Rhapsody Award within the last six years
Preference will be given to nominations from
- remote communities
- communities where RhPAP /Rhapsody Physician Awards have not previously been awarded
In the event that the nomination is successful, the nominator must be prepared to work with RhPAP to plan and host, and the nominee to participate in, an RhPAP-sponsored community celebration honouring the successful recipient, of which the award presentation would be a part. Ideally, this presentation can be part of an existing health professional appreciation or health-care fundraising event.
Online nomination forms can be saved and revised (using the link that you can email to yourself) up until they are submitted or until the nomination deadline on February 28, whichever comes first.