2016 Rural Alberta Community Physician Attraction and Retention Conference
27-29 September 2016
2016 was the inaugural year for the annual RhPAP Rural Community Conference to be held in a rural Alberta community. Through a proposal process, the town of Vermilion, AB was chosen as the site for this year’s event.
The conference focused on identifying and sharing the work that goes on behind the scenes in order to succeed at community physician attraction, support, and retention. An initial keynote address and workshop helped set the stage for the two-day event, emphasizing the importance of rural communities and strategies to build attractive and resilient communities. Participatory sessions offered practical approaches and tools, shared the benefits of collaboration, and provided examples of cross-cultural work with aboriginal communities.
2016 Rural Community Conference Podcast playlist
Click on the playlist menu icon in the top left corner of the video window below to select a podcast from the 2016 conference.
2016 Select Conference Presentations
- Developing Resilient Rural Regions – Jackie Oncescu 3 Oct 2016
- Difficult Conversations – Trish Harper, MSW, RSW 3 Oct 2016
- The Central Peace: The G5 Communities Of the Central Peace Region – Allan Georget 3 Oct 2016
- Vermilion Physician Retention & Recruitment Committee: “We’ve seen it all” – Dion Pollard 3 Oct 2016
- Rural Matters: Reconstructing Rural’s Role in Current Day Society – Jackie Oncescu 3 Oct 2016
- 2016 RPAP Rural Community Conference Proceedings Document
27 Oct 2016
2015 RPAP Rural Alberta Community Physician Attraction and Retention Conference
18-19 March 2015 , Edmonton, Alberta
2015 RPAP Rural Community Conference Podcast playlist
Click on the playlist menu icon in the top left corner of the video window below to select a podcast from the 2015 conference.
2014 Rural Alberta Community Physician Attraction and Retention Conference
27-28 February 2014, Edmonton, Alberta