In cooperation with the Campus for Communities of the Future, a social enterprise developed by Brenda Herchmer, RhPAP has launched a rural community building webinar series for rural leaders who want to make a difference in their communities.
Building a Better Community Rural Workshop (2020)
Do you work or volunteer in a community leadership role?
Are you looking for better ways of engaging people in your rural community?
If so, this is the perfect workshop for you.
- Learn the how-to’s for engaging others to help build a community where everybody wants to live.
- Discover effective leadership strategies.
- Learn how to build on your community’s strengths.
- Apply a grassroots approach to leadership
- Experience personal growth as a rural community leader
Community development guru Brenda Herchmer will host a fun, interactive and informative full-day workshop in Stettler on January 31 and Mayerthorpe on February 4. Cost is just $100/per person for individuals (plus $7.10 Eventbrite fee) and a group rate is available for $75/ per person. Lunch is included.
Registration deadline is January 24, 2020.
Here’s what some of the attendees at Brenda’s last workshop had to say:
As the Mayor of Mayerthorpe, I see what I’m learning in this rural community builders workshop having far reaching impact. I can see tentacles winding their way through the municipality, both on a governance level, and with our volunteers, and the community. I’m impressed with the passionate and engaged community leaders I’ve encountered both online and at the workshop and am inspired by the dialogue within the sessions. Someone says something, and you go ‘yeah, now, I get why that will work, now, I see a different way to do that in my community.Those moments are irreplaceable.
– Janet Jabush, Mayerthorpe AB
Every one of the things I’ve learned made me think differently, and sometimes you need that kick start to start thinking differently.
– Leah Nelson, Elnora AB
I had more ‘aha’ moments than I could keep track of. Thanks for your knowledge, wisdom and insight. – Workshop Participant
Upon completion of the workshop participants will be better able to do as follows:
- Embrace the importance of being future-ready
- Articulate what needs to be changed
- Demystify the how-to’s required for change and growth
- Describe community, its benefits, characteristics, and importance
- Explain why we need to do more to legitimize community
- Differentiate strategies used for building community
- Register for the Stettler workshop (January 31, 2020)
- Register for the Mayerthorpe Workshop (February 4, 2020)
Registration deadline is January 24, 2020