The Society of Rural Physicians of Canada is excited to inform you that Rural and Remote Medicine Conference 2024 is scheduled for April 18-20, 2024, in Edmonton, Alberta.
SRPC is searching for 2024 Rural & Remote Planning Committee Chair(s) and Members, including two physician members interested in the Co-Chair roles. If you want to join the committee at large, they are happy to have members from all levels.
Planning the annual conference is a team effort and a great way to be involved with and support the SRPC. In partnership with SRPC staff, the Rural & Remote Planning Committee Members are responsible for:
- developing and refining a conference theme.
- issuing a call for abstracts and reviewing the submissions.
- developing a full schedule including topics, speakers, and plenary presentations.
- identifying potential social events.
- proposing/discussing registration fee structure.
The Chair(s) is responsible for:
- providing final approval on the points listed above.
- scheduling and chairing committee meetings.
- attending SRPC Spring and Fall Council meetings.
- providing a written report to Council on the activities of the committee.
In the early planning stages, the group meets every two weeks via Zoom in the evenings.