Team-Based Learning Initiative
*This program is currently paused. Please check back in the future for further updates.
RhPAP’s Team-Based Learning Initiative is an umbrella program which supports opportunities and initiatives that offer relevant, applicable training to health-care teams, right in the team’s facility or community. Through the Team-based Learning Initiative, our intention is to help health professionals enhance not only their individual skills, but their confidence in each other and cohesiveness as a team.
Learning together, in the facility or community in which you work, can lead to a stronger, better coordinated team that provides high-quality care. A well-functioning team can lead to better patient outcomes overall.
This initiative is aimed at all rural health professional teams. Teams may be interdisciplinary or intradisciplinary.
Team-Based Learning Initiative Funding
Team-based Learning Initiative funding has been designed to be flexible in terms of the types of team-based educational or training opportunities that it supports and the diversity of the rural health professionals and health professions teams it supports. All funding decisions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Funding may cover course or training fees, instructor costs, and books or course material costs for team members. Funding may also be available to support other costs such as venue or equipment rentals.
Team-Based Learning Initiative Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for funding through this initiative, the team must meet the following criteria:
- The team must include at least two people from at least one regulated health profession. To view a list of the regulated health professions in Alberta, visit https://www.alberta.ca/regulated-health-professions.aspx
- The team’s rural community must be located outside the Census Metropolitan Area boundaries of Calgary or Edmonton with a population of fewer than 15,000 people, or fall within Alberta’s North Zone
Team-Based Learning Initiative Expression of Interest Process
Have a training idea for your team? See how we can support you and your teams training needs!
To complete the Expression of Interest Form you will be required to provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the rural facility and community where the training will take place
- A description of the requested training and training dates if known
Upon receipt of your Expression of Interest form, the Health Professions Team will review your request, and contact you for follow-up. You may contact TEAMS@rhpap.ca at any time if you have questions.