Your opportunity to provide rural Alberta’s health-care heroes with a healthy dose of recognition
In recognition of the importance of Alberta’s rural health-care professionals, May 25-29, 2020 has been officially declared Alberta Rural Health Week by the Hon. Tyler Shandro, Q.C., Minister of Health.
“Alberta Rural Health Week will raise awareness about issues faced by rural Albertans and highlight rural initiatives and programs that are currently underway to improve health outcomes in rural Alberta. We appreciate the work carried out by all interest groups including the Rural Health Professions Action Plan, rural communities, employers and educational institutions to provide accessible and sustainable health care services for rural Albertans.” —Honorable Tyler Shandro Q.C., Minister of Health
Alberta Rural Health Week
This week is a great opportunity to honour the contributions of the rural Alberta health-care providers and community volunteers who help keep health care close to home.
During Alberta Rural Health Week, we encourage communities to show appreciation for the contributions of the rural health providers whose abilities enhance the quality of life in rural Alberta.
Alberta Rural Health Week is also an opportunity to say thank you to the local volunteers who go above and beyond to support health care and health providers in their communities.
RhPAP remains focused on flattening the curve and supporting our rural health providers and community members during the pandemic. While we recognize that many appreciation activities are not currently possible due to social distancing measures, some COVID-safe initiatives to consider in the coming weeks may include the following:
- Visit our Alberta Rural Health Week web page—http://ruralhealthweek.ab.ca—for a list of COVID-safe ways to celebrate your health-care heroes.
- Stay tuned for the names of the 2020 RhPAP Rhapsody Award recipients that will be announced during Alberta Rural Health Week!
- Further details on the 2020 RhPAP Rural Community Conference —an opportunity for rural Albertans to learn about the attraction and retention of health-care providers to rural communities—will also be announced!
- Give a shout out on social media to the health professionals in your area that mean so much to you – Remember to tag #RuralHealthMatters!
- Stay tuned to RhPAP social media (@AlbertaRhPAP) for information about news and special events (Follow RhPAP on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @AlbertaRhPAP