Doctors are explorers and detectives. They like a challenge, and have deep respect for all creation. They enjoy the company of others, and the human experience. They witness miracles – and sometimes perform them.
This Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan video from 2006 provides some insight into the lives of Alberta, Canada’s rural physicians. The video also features several RPAP Award recipients from the past, including the following physicians:
- Dr. Stu Iglesias (Hinton)
- Dr. David Miller (Beaverlodge)
- Dr. Michael Boorman (Rimbey)
- Dr. Elizabeth Racz (Drumheller)
- Dr. Michael Kobler (Peace River)
To read profiles of previous RPAP Rural Physician Award of Distinction recipients, click here.