It’s Alberta Rural Health Week!
Provide your local health-care heroes a healthy dose of recognition
Today, we kick off Alberta Rural Health Week with five days of celebrations and events running May 24 to May 28 to honour the contributions made day in and day out by thousands of rural health professionals and community volunteers across rural Alberta.
Alberta Rural Health Week is an opportunity to say “Thank You” to the physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physiotherapists, mental health workers, midwives, and the many other health-care professionals who contribute and build healthy rural communities.
Rural health providers are key assets and support their communities in many ways. Their health care not only enhances the quality of life, but these professionals also add to rural life on a more personal level. They have special relationships with their communities and along with providing care, they are family, friends, neighbours, and volunteers. They frequently share their expertise and time to mentor future health-care providers within their communities.
Often behind the scenes, community volunteers also dedicate countless hours to ensure health providers are recruited, supported, valued, and encouraged to stay in their communities. They are also serve as regional health-care advocates to make sure their communities continue to offer a quality of life for area residents.
Please join us in saluting all the wonderful people who contribute to health care in rural Alberta!
Let’s celebrate rural Alberta!
Recognizing that many appreciation activities are not currently possible due to social distancing measures, some COVID-safe initiatives to consider in the coming weeks may include the following:
- Give a shout out on social media to the health professionals in your area that mean so much to you–be sure to tag us at #RuralHealthMatters or #ABRuralHealthWeek – Visit our Alberta Rural Health Week web page to access an online celebration toolkit and a list of COVID-safe ways to celebrate your health-care heroes.
- Stay tuned for the names of the 2021 RhPAP Rhapsody Award recipients that will be announced during Alberta Rural Health Week! – Check out our Events page for more details.
- Watch the RhPAP website (rhpap.ca) and social media for details on virtual events and celebrations occurring throughout the week. – Be sure to follow RhPAP on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @AlbertaRhPAP
- May 25 – 10 a.m. – 2021 Rhapsody Health-care Heroes Award recipient announcement – Watch rhpap.ca for details
- May 25 – 1 p.m. – Facebook Live Event from Drayton Valley
(RhPAP Community Attraction and Retention Committee Facebook Group Launch)
- May 26 – 10 a.m. – 2021 Rhapsody Physician Award recipient announcement- Watch rhpap.ca for details
- May 26 – UofA Nursing Faculty – Let’s Go Rural – How Do I Get There? event – Zoom
- May 27 – 10 a.m. – 2021 Rhapsody Community Award recipient announcement – Watch rhpap.ca for details
- May 27 – YouTube, DD COMEDY NIGHT or COUCH COMEDY NIGHT – Click here to register