Throughout rural Alberta, Physician Attraction and Retention Committees go the extra mile to show our hard-working rural physicians how much they mean to the community:
- Tofield teamed up with Alberta Health Services on February 28 thank Dr. Richard Hackett for his long service in the community, and welcomed Dr. Mohammad Siraj ul Muneer and his new wife to the community.
- Stettler honored the skilled hands and caring hearts of Community Doctors by asking local residents to submit a note of appreciation. A poster and complimentary radio campaign were also developed to celebrate the contributions of local physicians.
- Vegreville took to social media, thanking doctors on the Town’s Facebook page, and also placing an ad and article of thanks in the local newspaper.
- Committees in Olds and Sundre celebrated Physician Appreciation Day by presenting cards with baked goods, fruit baskets to local physicians..
- Flagstaff County declared March 30 as National Doctors Day, with the local committee buying cake for patients and staff at each hospital of Daysland, Killam and Hardisty.
- On March 30, the Quad Municipality Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee representing the communities of Milk River, Warner, Coutts and part of the County of 40 Mile No. 8 presented Dr. Liesl Lewke-Bogel, with a picture of the healthcare delivery team at Milk River Clinic.
- April 4, the Bow Island & District Healthcare Recruitment Committee said thank you to local physicians. Members of the committee expressed gratitude to Dr. Lynn Edwards, Dr. Charles Aniagu and Dr. Gerry Woodruff with a luncheon at the Rolling Pin Bakery. (see photo above: courtesy of Jamie Rieger, Forty Mile County Commentator)
Looking for ideas?
For those who want to celebrate and aren’t sure where to start, RPAP has developed a Physician Appreciation and Recognition toolkit. Current Community and Attraction committees can access it on RPAP’s Community Attraction and Retention website with a member login. If you or a committee do not have a member login, and you wish to obtain a copy of the toolkit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.