May 30 – June 3, 2022 is Alberta Rural Health Week!
Give your local health-care heroes a healthy dose of recognition
Today, we kick off Alberta Rural Health Week with five days of celebrations honouring the contributions made day in and day out by thousands of rural health professionals and community volunteers across rural Alberta.
Alberta Rural Health Week is an opportunity to say “Thank You” to the physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physiotherapists, mental health workers, midwives, and the many other health professionals who contribute and build healthy rural communities.
Rural health providers play a key role and support their communities in many ways. The health care they provide not only enhances the quality of life in rural Alberta, but they also contribute on a more personal level. They have special relationships with their communities as family members, friends, neighbours, and volunteers. They also frequently share their expertise and time to mentor future health-care providers within their communities.
Community volunteers also dedicate countless hours behind the scenes to ensure health providers are recruited, supported, valued, and encouraged in their communities. They also serve as regional health-care advocates support quality of life for area residents.
Please join us in saluting all the wonderful people who contribute to health care in rural Alberta!
Let’s celebrate health care in rural Alberta!
- Give a shout out on social media to the health professionals that mean so much to you – Remember to tag #RuralHealthMatters!
- Visit our Alberta Rural Health Week webpage to access an online celebration toolkit with a list of ideas about how you can celebrate your health-care heroes.
- Encourage your community to proclaim May 30 – June 3 as Alberta Rural Health Week – click here to download a sample proclamation for communities and organizations.
- Stay tuned for the names of the 2022 RhPAP Rhapsody Award recipients who will be announced on May 31!
- Early-bird registration for the 2022 RhPAP Rural Community Health Provider Attraction and Retention (A&R) Conference opens June 1 – stay tuned for more details!
- Watch the RhPAP website and social media for details on events and celebrations occurring throughout the week. (Be sure to follow RhPAP on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @AlbertaRhPAP)