Your opportunity to provide rural Alberta’s health-care heroes with a healthy dose of recognition
May 25-29, 2020 is Alberta Rural Health Week: a great opportunity to honour the contributions of the rural Alberta health-care providers and community volunteers who help keep health care close to home.
During Alberta Rural Health Week, we encourage communities to show appreciation for the contributions of the rural health providers whose abilities enhance the quality of life in rural Alberta.
Alberta Rural Health Week is also an opportunity to say thank you to the local volunteers who go above and beyond to support health care and health providers in their communities.
RhPAP remains focused on flattening the curve and supporting our rural health providers and community members during these difficult days. While we recognize that many appreciation activities are not currently possible due to social distancing measures, some COVID-safe initiatives to consider in the coming weeks may include the following:
- Give a shout out on social media to the health professionals in your area that mean so much to you – Remember to tag #RuralHealthMatters!
- Stay tuned to RhPAP social media (@AlbertaRhPAP) for information about news and special events (Follow RhPAP on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube at @AlbertaRhPAP)
- Visit our Alberta Rural Health Week web page for a list of COVID-safe ways to celebrate your health-care heroes.
- Stay tuned for the names of the 2020 RhPAP Rhapsody Award recipients that will be announced during Alberta Rural Health Week!
- Further details on the 2020 RhPAP Rural Community Conference will also be announced!
Director, Communications and Marketing
Rural Health Professions Action Plan